- Shopify Connection
The reports have 3 options of available time inputs in Shopify. The options are organized according to:
- Time-dependent reports with an incremental field, specify according to which "temporal-field" the report will be taken from.
- Time-dependent reports without an incremental field, meaning, there is only one "temporal-field" the report can be taken from.
- Time-independent reports.
* Additionally, for some of the reports, there are input fields that manage the type of information extracted in those reports, such as, in shop currency in refunds where the currency can be taken according to your shop's currency in Shopify or not.
Important notice: Do not forget to change all reports permissions you would like to pull as "read access" from the app's settings: ADMIN API PERMISSION.
Time-Dependent Reports with/out the incremental field:
The 2 types of time-dependent reports are differentiated in steps A and B. Later step C addresses both reports.
A. The time-dependent reports with an incremental field include Customers, Orders, Refunds, etc.
Select an incremental field for which the report will be chronologically organized, e.g., "updated at".
B. The time-dependent reports without an incremental field include Checkouts, Payout-transactions, etc. Some reports may differ in temporal resolution as follows:
1. one option of input depending on the report where the years, months, and days are available,
2. while the second option of input where the years, month, days, hours, minutes and seconds with UTC are available.
C. All time-dependent reports follow the time input according to:
Select a time period:
Time-dependent reports support two kinds of time-period:
1. Date Range -
- Pulls data in the date range between the start and end date provided, including the end date.
- You must select a start date.
- Leaving the end date empty will pull data according to the current time of the river's run.
- Select a timezone offset to send dates considering the offset.
- Use the "Last Days Back For Each Run" to expend the start date and pull data x days back before the chosen start date.
In the example above the river will run with date range between "01/01/2020 00:00" and "14/01/2020 00:00".
2. Predefined date - A date range defined by Rivery:
- Day - Yesterday.
- Week (From Monday to Sunday) - Week to date, Previous week, Previous week to date.
- Month - Month to date, Previous month, Previous month to date.
- Year - Year to date.
These report has no temporal input but may have additional input specified in *.
The API has 2 calls per second limit on the user level.
The Products and Variants reports have an additional throttle that takes effect once a shop has a limit of 50,000 variants. After this threshold is reached, no more than 1,000 new variants can be created per day