This article will guide you about configuring and establishing an Airtable connection in Rivery.
- Active Airtable account.
- A working Base(s).
An API key is required by Airtable for login and security reasons.
You can find your personal API key by following these steps:
- Navigate to https://airtable.com/account
- If not already signed in, you will be prompted to enter your email and password.
- Under Account overview, you will find your personal API key, as seen in the image below. (Figure 1)
- Clicking on the encrypted key will turn it visible.
- If you regenerate your API key, you will need to update the connection accordingly.
Figure 1: Airtable API key
Creating New Airtable Connection In Rivery
In order to get data from your Airtable Bases using Rivery, an Airtable connection must be created.
- Navigate and log into Rivery Console.
- Click on Connections, in the main menu at the left.
- Click on + New Connection.
- Find and click on Airtable source, under Organization section.
- Name the connection.
- Enter your personal API key.
- At this point, you have the option to test the connection to see if you entered the correct key.
In order to test it, you will need to provide a Base ID and a name of a table in that Base.
Please note that these parameters will only be used for testing the connection, and nothing else.
- Save the connection.
Base ID is used to connect to a specific Base. You can only connect to one Base per River.
How to find the ID of your Base
- Navigate to https://airtable.com/api.
- If you are not already signed in, please click on "Sign in to get started" and insert your email and password.
- Select the Base you wish to connect to. This will open the API documentation specifically generated for the selected Base.
- Under the "INTRODUCTION" section, you will find the ID of the base, as can be seen in the image below. (Figure 2)
Figure 2: Airtable Base ID
Alternative way to reach the ID of your base (Figure 2)
- Navigate to your Base's graphical interface page.
- Click on the "HELP (?)" button in the top right of the screen (next to your Account menu).
- Choose "<> API documentation" from the menu list. (Figure 3)
Figure 3: API docs link