A Guide for getting data from SurveyMonkey to Rivery.
How to pull data from SurveyMonkey using Rivery
First, select 'Create New River' from the top right of the Rivery screen.
Choose 'Data Source to Target' as your river type.
In the 'General Info' tab, name your river, describe it and choose a group.
Next, navigate to the 'Source' tab.
Find SurveyMonkey in the list of data sources and select it. (under Analytics)
Under Source Connection, select the connection you created, or create a new one.
Next, Select a type of report:
- Survey Design - Retrieve the design structure of your survey.
Each row of returned data would have a question ID and answer/choice ID for every option. These will correspond to the IDs in the response.
- Survey Responses - Retrieve the responses for your survey. Match with the corresponding row in Survey Design report to get the full information on your data.
Then, under Surveys, select which of your surveys to run the report on, or leave empty to run on all of your surveys.
Reports' Time Period:
Select the time period of the report:
- Date Range -
- Pulls data in the date range between the start and end date provided, including the end date.
- You must select a start date.
- Leaving the end date empty will pull data according to the current time of the river's run.
- Select a timezone offset to send dates considering the offset.
- Use the "Last Days Back For Each Run" to expend the start date and pull data x days back before the chosen start date.
- Predefined date - A date range defined by Rivery:
- Day - Yesterday.
- Week (From Monday to Sunday) - Week to date, Previous week, Previous week to date.
- Month - Month to date, Previous month, Previous month to date.
- Year - Year to date.